This Saturday marks the third annual Reach Foundation STEAM Expo. This incredible event brings together many of our District teachers, students, and community to showcase the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math. We are so fortunate to have a partnership with the Reach Foundation, who fundraises tirelessly to support our innovative teachers. This Saturday is a celebration of and for our community as we continue to think and teach outside-the-box.
Here are a few things to see:
- Suffern High School Robotics Team – The energy these students have for engineering and robotics is contagious. While at the expo, they will be demonstrating their processes and offering hands-on activities.
- Suffern Middle School Green Team – This student group has more than 60 members and keeps the recycling program at SMS running smoothly. They also maintain a beautiful garden that provides fresh vegetables and fruit to local food pantries. They will be doing a composting demonstration and working on a recycled bottle cap sign.
- Cardboard City – A popular destination for the younger kids, students are encouraged to use recycled cardboard to engineer their own cities.
- Art – From both the elementary and secondary levels, the art program never disappoints. Showcasing everything from 3-D doodling to string art, the halls will be filled with art projects and designs.
- Local Organizations – Our Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts, the Ramapo Police Department, Suffern Little League, Ramapo PAL and more are all lending their support to this fantastic day with unique activities for all ages.
- Voter Registration – The Board of Elections will be showcasing election technology through the years and signing up anyone that isn’t yet registered to vote.
This list only scratches the surface of the activities and organizations that will be present on Saturday. Representatives from each of our schools and local and national organizations will all be present. But don’t just take my word for it, come experience it for yourself.
See you there!