Pre-Kindergarten Early Learning Program
Where Mounties Imagine, Discover, Grow
Suffern Central School District’s Pre-Kindergarten Early Learning Program will prepare children with the readiness skills to be successful throughout their school years and foster a love for learning. The program will focus on social and emotional development, academics, physical development, and learning through play. It will provide a loving environment where children feel safe, engaged, successful, and supported. The Early Learning Program will be a place where our children are excited to learn, play, and grow.
Viola Elementary School
557 Route 202, Suffern, NY 10901
AM Session: 9:00 – 11:30 AM
PM Session: 12:15 – 2:45 PM
This program is available for the 2017-18 school year for all Suffern Central residents turning 4-years-old by December 1, 2017. Transportation is not provided.
Suffern Central’s Pre-Kindergarten program features:
• Highly qualified, vested SCSD teachers with experience in early childhood education
• Classrooms that focus on social and emotional development, physical development, play, and academics
• A safe and nurturing environment where children feel successful and supportive
• Intentional teaching with thoughtful, purposeful centers
• Use of multi-sensory teaching strategies, hands-on learning through exploration, and interactive read-alouds
Questions? Contact the Office of Instruction at (845) 357-7783 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The District partners with Child Care Resources of Rockland (CCRR) to offer Universal Pre-Kindergarten, a special preschool program established by the New York State Education Department and local school districts. Eligibility criteria and application information are available on the CCRR website.
Below please find the letters announcing dates of the upcoming Universal PreK and Statewide Full-day PreK Parent Information Sessions for the 2017-18 school year.
These letters are PDFs and may require the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view. Visit the Adobe website to download the free Acrobat Reader (https://get.adobe.com/reader/).