District Strategic Plan
Three years ago, the District embarked on a process aimed to develop a strategic plan to guide its schools into the future. Consisting of approximately 50 members of the School District community, including parents, faculty, staff and students, the strategic planning committee created a series of aspirational goals and objectives meant to help the District enhance the already excellent experiences our students experience in every classroom. Through this work, we aim to ensure that the children of Suffern Central School District are provided with the skills and experiences necessary to achieve their potential both within our schools and the world around us.
As we forge ahead into the future, Suffern Central School District strives to reflect the following ideals:
- Support a unique and dynamic school District community
- Offer accessible resources for all stakeholders
- Create supportive and nurturing learning environments
- Provide a professional culture that supports innovation
- Maintain a rigorous, relevant and student-centered curriculum
Suffern Central School District’s Strategic Plan incorporates the following seven goals:
- Suffern Central students will engage in a well-rounded, standards-based curriculum with appropriate rigor, that focuses on experiential, authentic and real-world learning opportunities.
- Suffern Central will provide a supportive and nurturing environment that meets the academic and social-emotional needs of all students.
- Suffern Central teachers and staff will have the opportunity to collaborate and participate in professional development that promotes best practices.
- Suffern Central will foster opportunities for the District to utilize the community as a resource for students’ social-emotional support, academic growth and real-world experiences.
- Suffern Central will celebrate and embrace the diversity of our school district community by preparing all students for a future in a global society.
- Suffern Central will highlight our commitment to educate for personal excellence and promote our reputation as an innovative, top-performing school district.
- Suffern Central will provide user-friendly and interactive communications tools, in order to assist our community with accessing educational information and engaging with the District in support of the education of all students.