Thank you for your interest in enrolling your child(ren) in the Suffern Central School District on a tuition paying basis. To learn more about the District, we encourage you to browse our website (be sure to check out SCSD At A Glance
), peruse the most recent issues of our Excelsior newsletter
, attend an event
, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter
, and Instagram
Applications for the 2020 – 21 school year are now being accepted for non-resident students in grades K-12.
Below you will find the process for submitting a registration packet for consideration.
PLEASE NOTE: If you child requires a special class or program or you are looking for a special class or program please contact us first to determine whether we offer the class/program and/or have space in the class/program before you begin the registration process. This will save you time.
The online registration process will consist of (3) parts;
Part I – filling out the online form (link below),
Part III – filling out the Fillable Registration Packet and Emergency Information Card and emailing them to Ms. Montes.
Part I: Online Registration
2. Enter the relevant information in each requested field.
(On the online enrollment form there will be a field about Proof of Residency. As a non-resident applicant you will check the box that says Registering as a Non Resident Student )
Part II: Submit any necessary documentation
Part III: Fillable Form
3. Save the completed form.
5. Fill out the card.
6. Save the completed card.
7. Compose a new email with the Subject = 20-21 Non-Resident Student Registration Packet
8. Attach the completed SCSD 20-21 Fillable Registration Packet form AND the Emergency Info Card 20-21.
9. Attach any necessary documentation (your child’s Birth Certificate, Immunization records, IEP, report cards, etc …)
1. No Registration can be considered until ALL documents are received by the school and the SCSD 20-21 Fillable Registration Packet.pdf has been completed.
2. The decision on whether a non-resident student will be admitted to the District on a tuition basis will be made in the sole discretion of the District in accord with Board policy. View Board Policy 5152: Admission of Non-Resident Students for additional details.
3. You may print and mail or drop-off the necessary documentation to the District Office (45 Mountain Avenue, Hillburn, New York) if you do not want to attach the necessary paperwork to an email.
To learn more about the District, we encourage you to browse our website (be sure to check out SCSD At A Glance), peruse the most recent issues of our Excelsior newsletter, attend an event, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
The tuition rate for the 2020-21 school year is:
- $10,000 for Grades K-5
- $13,000 for Grades 6-12
Tuition must be made by check. First payment is due August 15, 2020. Second payment is due January 15, 2021.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are NJ residents eligible to enroll?
Yes. Students who live in New Jersey may apply for admission.
Can non-resident students join clubs and try out for sports teams?
Yes. Non-residents students in good standing are entitled to participate in all athletic and extracurricular activities as residents.
Is transportation provided for non-resident students?
No. Transportation to/from school, athletics, and extracurricular activities is the responsibility of the student’s parent/guardian. Suffern Central School District will not provide transportation for non-residents.