Clubs & Activities
Welcome to our directory of student clubs and groups! Suffern Middle School believes in offering activities that meet the non-academic needs of our students. Hyperlinked names on the list below link to the web site for that activity. As clubs get underway their websites will be updated.
Green Team (Mrs. Mena, Mr. Ficarella, Mrs. Lofberg, Mrs. Douglas)
Made up of about 50 students from grades 6-8, the Green Team is dedicated to making our school, community, and planet a cleaner and better place. Team responsibilities and initiatives include:
- Recycling (approx 10,000 bottles and cans per month)
- Composting (approx 30 – 50 pounds of food scraps are collected at school every month)
- Park Clean-ups
- Team hikes and trips, and special events
- Gardening (using compost collected)
- Food donation (during harvest season, the team donates an average of 60 pounds of produce grown in our garden to local food pantries)
Please note: Our staff sites are not required to follow the district site design, and our staff members are free to apply whatever visual elements they desire to their sites. Consequently a visitor may navigate to pages linked from this directory that look completely different and yet are part of the district’s domain.