As a collaborative community that values technology, Suffern Central School District strives to cultivate students’ life-long love of learning and instill critical skills and values which will prepare them for life in a rapidly evolving global society.
- Technology Policy–Board of Education Technology Policies
- Technology Standards–ISTE (International Society for Technology in Education) & New York State Technology Learning Standards
- Help–LHRIC Service Desk
- Resources–Online Staff Resources
- MyPC–Remote Access
The Suffern Central School District envisions technology that:
- Will support the growth of our students as critical thinkers who embrace creativity and innovation, and generate excitement about utilizing technology in real-world applications.
- Will facilitate communication, promoting a seamless partnership between all stakeholders invested in the education of Suffern Central students.
- Will assist our students’ growth as responsible, reflective and critical consumers and evaluators of digital information and social media.
- Will support students in their journey to create a positive digital legacy, reflective of their unique abilities, talents and achievements.
In order to support this vision, Suffern Central School District recognizes:
- The necessity of providing students access to technology and technology embedded learning opportunities.
- The value of promoting an exemplary level of learning and professional development so that technological tools are utilized in a meaningful manner.
- The importance of engaging in technological activities as tools for creativity, innovation, communication and collaboration, critical thinking, problem solving, decision making, searching for knowledge, and learning.
The Overarching Goals of the Technology Department are:
- Technology is reliable and consistent.
- Technology is transparent.
- Technology is utilized to provide students with necessary skills to be prepared for the world of tomorrow.
Technology Department Staff
Lillian Rinchiera-Chief Information Officer
Robert Carella- Network Administrator
Domingo Fernandez- Desktop Support Technician
Marc Lalanne- Desktop Support Technician