Director of Technology
As a collaborative community that values technology, Suffern Central School District strives to cultivate students’ lifelong love of learning and instill critical skills and values which will prepare them for life in a rapidly evolving global society.
The Suffern Central School District envisions technology that:
- Supports the growth of our students as critical thinkers who embrace creativity and innovation, and generates excitement about utilizing technology in real-world applications.
- Facilitates communication, promoting a seamless partnership between all stakeholders invested in the education of Suffern Central students.
- Assists our students’ growth as responsible, reflective and critical consumers and evaluators of digital information and social media.
- Supports students in their journey to create a positive digital legacy, reflective of their unique abilities, talents and achievements.
In order to support this vision, Suffern Central School District recognizes:
- The necessity of providing students access to technology and technology-embedded learning opportunities.
- The value of promoting an exemplary level of learning and professional development so that technological tools are utilized in a meaningful manner.
- The importance of engaging in technological activities as tools for creativity, innovation, communication and collaboration, critical thinking, problem-solving, decision making, searching for knowledge, and learning.
The Overarching Goals of the Technology Department are:
- Technology is reliable and consistent.
- Technology is transparent.
- Technology is utilized to provide students with the necessary skills to be prepared for the world of tomorrow.